Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ding from NYU Stern


An email at 10am... the subject line: "Change in application status" email from NYU Stern.

My heart was pounding at an amazing rate. I debated whether I should read the email now, while at work. I decided to read it anyways. I am prepared for any situation and any kind of status.

After I pressed the "View Decision Letter" button that presumely would lead me to a letter, my eyes quickly skimmed through the lettter, attempting to pick up some key words. And I did. A whole cold sentence.

"...After careful consideration of your application and credentials, we are unable to offer you admission but we would like to encourage you to reapply in the future..."

I am not going to lie about my feeling. I am disappointed, followed by a serious reconsideration of my other options.

Note to myself: Ouch =(

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the ding...but at least you gave it a shot. Three more schools to pine for, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the ding. You will end up at the school where are meant to be at, and you have 3 more chances to find out which school it is.

Anonymous said...

Jai Yo! Don't give up!
Hope you get into Anderson!

Johnny Bravo said...

Sorry to hear about the ding, but there's lots more to play for. All the best.

Anonymous said...

You are seriously very young to apply to B-school. I wouldn't worry about the ding. I'm sure you will win admission somewhere but if not, you still have a few more years to gain business expertise.

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

I was surprised that the schools you applied are quite same with me. I guess you are interested in entertainment and media industry, or in the Big city life in LA or NY. I also applied to Anderson, Stern, and Marshall(all in R2). I haven't got any responses from those schools. FYI, I'm a Korean guy and wish to share the last anxious moment of deadlines with you. lol my blog is this; cyworld.com/ndnd Cya~

Anonymous said...

i just did a random search for MBA school rejections and i found this site.

i just got rejected from NYU stern as well! so i feel your pain.

i guess i'll be re-applying next year.

Anonymous said...

christy703.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about not getting into Stern... you're not missing much unless you like being around a bunch of douche bags holding $4.00 cups of coffee.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Andy said...

Stumbled on this site. I work at Knewton and we have a great GMAT prep course. Good luck with your school search. Don't be discouraged. =)

Anonymous said...

Good luck and keep on trying! You're quite young still without any experience, so it may be that the top programs are looking for a bit more work before you start at an MBA program!

Cheers,
Hank Chang (NYU MBA'12)