Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Journey begins here →

Well, as many of the fellow bloggers are preparing to enter the class of 2008, I am beginning my own journey here. Not MBA, but my official Full-time work journey. I am proud to say, I am just like any newly grads, excited about working for a global company. Fortunately, I've gladly accepted an offer from Boeing to work on 737 (though, I want to work on 787, Dreamliner though).... =)

Of course, I would like to thank all those bloggers who showed much support and wise advices for my MBA journey. I've met a great number of ambitious, funny, outgoing, and serious thinkers here in this blog community. I love how everyone is chasing after the same goal, but each with a unique background and personality to share. I would love to continue my blogging here, however, I don't think any of my future posts will be related to MBA...not in a short while at least. So, I've decided instead of leaving this wonderful blogsphere, I will just create a different blog. New Blog addy.

Anyways,... I guess my journey → ends here and starts here

Good Luck to All of You who are accepted to the schools of your choice ^^

19 comments:

Boywonder said...

Congrats on your new job! Boeing is an excellent firm. Have fun making planes.

-tvu said...

Congratulations. A friend of mine is also working on the 737. Will you remain in Hawaii or move to SoCal?

ipoel said...

hey congrats on Boeing ! You go gal!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Boeing, and all the best for your journey ahead.

kpmg said...

All the best. it was fun to read and it will be fun to read your new blog!

Congrats on boeing!

MBAstarter said...

Congratulations! Boeing is real cool. Being from aerospace background I know what it means have a nice job there :)
All the Best

Achilles said...

congrats on your new job....and all the best for this journey..i bet this will be a very different phase of life from now on..its a huge change to enter professional life..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm sure the way ahead will be worth it :D

the being said...

Congrats! boeing sounds really exciting!!!
All the best for your new journey, and please gimme the link to your new blog.

matt said...

Thanks :) It went well -- let me know if you need any help adjusting to Boeing...I'll be helping with orientation during the summer months (staffing the REACH table). Say hi!

matt said...

Yeah, I do work for Boeing -- I referred to it as ULAC for anonymity. :)

I'll be here working until August 2nd. There's actually three of us from Boeing who will be going to Ross in the fall.

matt said...

Nope, no leave of absence...didn't get it approved, nor do I think I'd want to come back. Seattle, yes...aerospace, nah.

I'm down in Tukwila, working out the Commercial Aviation Services tower.

matt said...

Well, it's entirely up to your manager whether or not your leave is approved. Mine decided that an MBA wouldn't be of any benefit to me in his organization, so he said I could go part-time if I wanted to.

My best suggestion is to let your manager know NOW that you're looking at an MBA in the future; you may have better luck than I did. :)

ipoel said...

HAPPY BDAE GALLL!!! 29 JULY 2007

Achilles said...

hi mocha,

yeah u r right, we talked last year but i didnt app last year and if you remember i was looking to give GMAT at that time, but couldnt give since i was moving all around the country. then i got settled in SFo and finally i was able to prepare and give my GMAT :)

what about you, if i remember correctly you were planning to join Boeing at that time...so how is the work going?

Unknown said...

Wow, I randomly pumped into this blog site as i finishing up my r2 application to haas part-time.

any suggestions and what you learned from this process?

Unknown said...

I'm going through the MBA process this year and it sucks! I've applied Round 2 to several schools so am waiting to hear something back. It's comforting to know that others have gone through this process...

Anonymous said...

Just googled for something and came to your site. I am currently in Stern part time and would like to say once you have some working experience, it is really easy to get in. So dont worry if you can not get in now...

Unknown said...

Nice blog!!! Get Direct Admission MBA in India as per Academic Profile in Top MBA Colleges in India Without Management Quota seat and Direct admission MBA without Entrance exam in top b schools in india visit www.directadmissionmba.in